I have a pretty special announcement for you guys today! As you may or may not know, I’ve been struggling with a semi-important decision over the last few days and have been not feeling so well with the decision I’m leaning towards. Hence, the super odd post I shared with you guys yesterday about my dream.
This morning we are experiencing a semi-gloomy day in New Jersey with a pretty definite chance of showers at some point. The combination makes for a bad hair day and sleepy eyes; but I put on a new dress and attempted a positive outlook.
But while at work, a person I didn’t even realize followed my blog (so sorry about that btw), seriously made my day. She gave little ‘ol Glamorous Hustle a blog award!
So super big thanks to Lisa from The Sparkle in Her Eye™ for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Stop by her blog and check out her kind words about me and my Glamorous Hustle!
A little info about the blog that I borrowed from Lisa to share with you guys:
- The origins of the award are not well-known
- It is an great way to introduce different bloggers to each other and to promote quality blogs that awardees and their readers may not have discovered otherwise
- Once you receive the award, you nominate 15 of your favorite versatile blogs and you share 7 facts about yourself for the community.
Now, I’m a huge fan of blogs and have recently shared with you guys a few of my favorites. But you’re in for a treat with this one.
My 15 nominations are:
Sarah from Little Love: Sarah and I went to high school and although we weren't "friends" per say, we had many classes together and still chatted from time to time. Thanks to Facebook and the power of blogs we chat A LOT now and I'm completely obsessed with the wit she has passed on to her kids.
Jeanette from J's Everyday Fashion: This girl puts my sad attempt at fashion blogging to shame. She comes up with the best outfits and is so helpful in giving you sites to purchase similar items so you can recreate the look. This girl is going places, trust me!
Maegan from ...love Maegan: We're almost name twins (minus the spelling) but she gained the DIY-creativity gene that I lacked. With a super creative brain, Maegan shares DIY projects that she makes look so simple! And her closet/office ... oh my god, I'm still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor. She's fab!
Cassey from Blogilates: I've made it my mission to complete as least ONE of her videos. This girl can work out, smile, and motivate you all at once; she deserves an award for that in and of itself! Plus, she's competing in a fitness competition soon and the transformation she's made in her body has proven to me that she can help me get closer to my goal. This is one of my favorite health/fitness blogs.
Megan from Diary of This Girl: I KNOW you all know about Miss Megan. Name twin and fabulous all rolled into one. She reminds me of myself 2-3 years ago when I started blogging. And she leaves the best comments :).
Emily from Emphasis Added: This pretty lady is the cutest preg-o I've ever seen. I envy her life more than I can express. Kick-butt job, handsome husband, daughter full of cuteness and cheeks, and style I'm obsessed with. She's expecting Baby #2 and finds out soon if she's having a pink or blue!
Lauren from My Grey Desk: I discovered Lauren and her sister (next blog) at the same time and just adore how much they love each other. I wish my sisters and I were more like that. She posts such a variety of topics like fashion, hair, beauty, school, life. She's such a fun blog to follow.
Kate from The Small Things Blog: Lauren's sister and my hair idol. She posts fabulous tutorials for simple up-dos, half-dos, down-dos, that are super easy to DO! (haha, cheesey). Her husband just got accepted into Duke and they made a big move so she has lots of exciting things going on right now. And, she and Lauren have a fabulous Etsy store with gorgeous jewelry I'm just drooling over!
Sydney from The Day Book: Whenever I'm feeling down, Sydney shows up on my Bloglovin' feed and I become happy again. She has an infectious smile and a super cute baby boy named Everett. If you don't follow her blog yet, do it. I promise you won't regret it.
Caitlin from Style Within Reach: I've been following Caitlin for a while now. She's one of the first people I met on Twitter (I met her through another Twitter friend!) and I've enjoyed watching her style transformation. She is also one of the founders of Blogger's Night Out which I've been so mad at missing the last 2 times they were in NYC.
Ashlina from The Decorista: She is the reason I want to move out so bad. She's an interior designer and shares such inspirational spaces. Her own studio apartment was showcased on the next blog and I immediately new I want to shadow her designs. She's genius with the things she pairs together!
All of the gals from The Every Girl: This blog is GENIUS and just what we all needed. This blog was just launched a few weeks ago and has already become my favorite site to visit on a daily basis. Need to spice up your dictionary? They got you. Need to figure out your finances? They got you. What are you gonna wear to your date on Friday? Oh girl, they got you!
Vanessa from A Fashion Gal & A Fireman: This is one of the newer blogs I discovered but she's so fun to follow already! She is exactly how I picture every Cali girl and she sure snagged herself a stud in the man department. Her style is super relaxed (something I wish I could be), she shares the best places to eat in CA, and her pup is just a big ball of cuteness.
Jess from Get Jessed Up: I can't freaking wait to take a trip down to Baltimore and meet my Blogger/Twitter BFF. Do you guys follow Talbots? Yeah, this girl is kind of the Queen of the store. Her style is fun, flirty, but sophisticated ... has a fab taste in music ... and a dream job. Trust me, you'll love her.
Jennifer from Just Add Glam: She's helping me make bolder decisions with my outfits. A few weeks ago she posted on Twitter a pair of coral pants from ASOS and then rocked a pair of teal skinny jeans on her blog and I thought to myself "Hey, I want those too!" Of course I didn't buy either because I'm still chicken, but I'm getting there. Jennifer's hair is always perfect, I want every handbag she puts on her blog, and she's becoming a very good Twitter/Blog friend of mine.
So there ya have it folks! My favorite bloggers at the moment. So what, now you want to know about me? Oh hey, that just so happens to be my favorite subject!
- I have a fear of public bathrooms. Seriously, I have to be the only one in the restroom or my bladder needs to be screaming at me in order to conquer the fear.
- I've been doing the whole "Wordpress vs Blogger" debate for the last few weeks now and still can't commit to the switch. My heart belongs to Blogger. But, I have some big things in the works for the blog in the coming months and
hopeam sure that it's going to make you guys love Glamorous Hustle even more.
- Thanks to working in corporate I feel more comfortable in dress pants and heels than jeans and flats. It's been a fun ride, watching my style transform and branch out at my job thanks to how creative everyone else is.
- I have clothing in my closet that still has the tags and shoes that haven't even be scuffed on the street yet. Yes, I have a shopping problem.
- I've teamed up with Amanda from Fit Cookie Monster for Operation Fit (ha! I had to add an extra blogger since I also hate odd numbers).
- Since discovering Bloglovin', I've been opened up to a whole new world of Blogging. It's almost intimidating to be included in such a talented world of people but it's also opened so many doors for me.
- I'm working towards becoming a published author one day. A little bit self-help with some dating and tough love all wrapped into one. You guys will be the first to know about it!