We are nearing the end of yet another holiday season. The Christmas presents have been opened, the dreidels have been spun, and we are gearing up for a brand new year.
Are you ready?
If you had asked me a few weeks ago, the answer to that would have been a big fat “OH HELL NO!”
2011 was trying for me.
- I ran myself ragged working full-time, being a full-time student, editor-in-chief of my campus newspaper and working an internship.
- Booked and canceled a trip (that I had to actually PAY not to take) with a guy I attempted to date 3 times. Fourth times a charm, no?
- Got bored doing just the full-time job thing so I picked up a boyfriend (not the one I booked the trip with).
- Spent all summer indoors because it was so hot and I was used to the air conditioned office; weekends were not spent at the beach but rather an air conditioned house in Staten Island.
- Lost the boyfriend and gained a new job that I LOVE.
- Put 2 grad school classes under my belt; you know, because I’m an overachiever and all.
- And gained about 15 lbs – of pure love meat (I don’t like to call it fat).
So as I close up the box that is 2011, attempt to put it on the shelf that stores the rest of my memories, and put on the new fashionable face that I want to meet 2012 with, I begin to think of what kind of resolutions I’d like to accomplish in the New Year.
I’m sure everyone else is going to say the same; lose weight, be closer with my friends and family, save money, pay off debt, etc.
All really good goals and a few that may or may not grace my list.
But as I sit here writing this post, I’m getting excited. I am putting things on my list that I KNOW I’m going to accomplish, not things that I HOPE to accomplish.
- Pay off my car. I have about 6 months left if I pay 100 more than I’m “supposed to” each month.
- Pay off 3 out of the 5 Visa/Master/Discover cards I have.
- Move into a 1-BR or Studio apartment.
- Run a 5K.
- Paint something that makes me say, “Oh my god, you MADE that? That’s awesome!”
- Use the same handbag for 365 consecutive days.
- Get my blog to have 500 views at least once (bonus if it’s closer to 1,000 and double bonus if it happens consecutively).
- Complete every one of my Fashion Vows for 2012.
- Master the art of hot rollers.
Purchase a “fancy” cameraand get more interested in photography.